Wednesday, January 27, 2010

expressions from the middle 08-09

I have to comment on two "expressions" that I observed in Expressions From The Middle (2008-09). Mariah and Max are extremely insightful children with spectacular viewpoints of the world and how it works. Mariah's view of the world being wrung out like a wet washcloth as an analogy to the world's economy/global warming/natural resource depletion is awesome. It really has an adult point of view. Max compares a spectrum of light to the many different backgrounds of people, but all going in the same direction. Again, a very mature way of viewing the world. I know that all middle school children can do this; I just wish they all did have this maturity. The funny thing is I think they all do; it's just a matter of tapping into it instead of bending to peer pressure and acting and thinking the way your friends expect you to. In the long run, it's the ones who openly share their viewpoints like this who stand the best chance of being successful in guiding the future in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Paul, I think they all do have the ability to act this mature when given the right opportunities in the right environment. Too bad it's not cool to be mature in middle school!

    ReplyDelete